The Art of Buying
LOVE, LEAH / CATEGORY TIPS/ PUBLISHED: AUG-18-2019
Know why you haven't worn those items sitting in your closet yet? Because you haven’t made an outfit of it. Trust me, you need to put those pieces together!
- Blazer | Kimono Cardigan | Jean Jacket
- Neutral Coloured Tank Tops
- Leggings | Jeans | Pants | Skirt
Get ready for Fall 2019 styles
Shop in Styles
"Create your own style. Let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others."
— Orson Welles
The concept of building a capsule wardrobe has been popular this year and rightly so because it can simplify your outfit making decisions greatly. (It might also help to make more room in your closet!) There is no set size to how many articles of clothing you can set in a capsule wardrobe because its all up to you, your lifestyle, and your love of fashion.
If you have never heard of a capsule wardrobe, do some research, you might be surprised in what changes you are willing to try to make to adapt some simplicity into your closet.
Capsule Wardrobe is a collection of a few essential items of clothing that don't go out of fashion. These can be expanded for seasonal pieces.
I'll break it down to you in a few easy steps:
1. Go through all of your clothes. Yes each and every piece. I'm going to suggest a little Marie Kondo and say to split your clothes into those that bring you joy, and those that don't. Donate or toss the clothes you don't want to keep.
2. Colour selection. Choose a base colour (black, navy, grey for example), then select some neutrals that go well with the base colour too. Easy right?
3. The fun part - select your accent colours! Pink, blue, red, green, whatever colours you want!
4. Add some pattern and texture. Stripes, florals, polkadots, prints; whatever suits you. I suggest trying to step outside your comfort zone in this one, you might try something new that you love!
5. Find out whats missing from your wardrobe and go find it!
Step 4 of a capsule wardrobe is to find some texture and patterns like these Shits | Tops available at: www.oakandpearl.com.
About the Author
Leah, owner of Oak&Pearl Clothing Co - one of Canada’s newest online shopping boutiques for women offering chic, modern, clothing and accessories that you can use everyday and feel good while wearing!